21 November 2010

Tonight at church Issac (our pastor) spoke about idols in our life, but at one point he mentioned the love story of Jacob and Rachel.   I must say the Bible has some pretty messed up love stories, but one line from the story played over and over again in my mind- as it would probably any girls- "Jacob worked seven years to pay for Rachel. But his love for her was so strong that it seemed to him but a few days."  (Genesis 29) 
Precious words... 

At the beach with my parents for the week, and this little mini-vacation couldn't have come at a better time.  I needed a week out of routine to relax, catch up and get centered.  Sometimes, I'm rushing through life to such an extent that I lose my focus, my grounding.  I'm so thankful today that I'm sitting on the balcony of a cute little condo, listening to waves, looking at the full moon reflecting on the water, counting the stars... knowing I'm loved and wanted by the Creator of the Universe, sure of my calling and place in this world (for today at least), so deeply grateful for the incredible community God's provided for me in Florida.  While there are unfulfilled desires in my heart, things I dream about, hopes I expect to realize, today I just couldn't ask for more.   Thank you Jesus for being such a good daddy.

1 comments:

Between You and Me said...

hold out for the guy that would work for seven years to have you and then say it seemed only like a few days of work..

hold out for him.

Post a Comment