25 November 2010


This is Laura Fletcher....


I had the absolute pleasure of co-leading her small group when she was a freshie at UGA.  Then for the next two years, I got to meet with her every week.  She stole my heart... I love her dearly.  She was a blessing to disciple.  We have so many good memories from pranking the boys' cars her freshman year to Brave's games and stupid boys and Disciple Now weekends and beach trips and football games... Let's just say we had a lot of fun together.  


Tonight we were chatting it up on Facebook, and we've become inspired to start a revolution... against "the game."  We're thinking no one actually likes the dating games we play so we're doing something about it... Here's our conversation:


Becca: hmmm we should start a revolution
i've always wanted to start one
this seems like a good reason


Laura: me and jennie are in for sure.


Becca: how do you go about starting a revolution?


Laura: get a reality show? that seems to be the first step in getting famous these days.


Becca: yes... good plan
so step #1 audition for The Bachelor


Laura: OK.
that's the epitome of "the game" though
we could rebel and cause a riot?
on the show of course


Becca: yes! I think this a good plan...
a REALLY good plan


Laura: i'm in. let's go.


Becca: okay... done!
The world isn't ready for this...


Laura: we're about to take these boys by storm
they don't like playing games either... they just think it's what we want.
back to the plan though! revolution!


Becca:  is it bad that I'm making a list of guys I want to witness this revolution?


Laura: no no. that is good!


Becca: haha
okay so we get on the Bachelor... then start a revolution by taking over the film crew and doing the show our way
it'd make great TV and I bet Chris Harrison would even be on our side


Laura: they are not going to know what hit them...


Becca: and it'll change the world!


Laura: ahhh. i can't wait!


This is why I loved discipling her... We totally solve the world's problems in like 4.2 minutes. 

1 comments:

Between You and Me said...

and this is why I just adore you.

Post a Comment