09 November 2010

I've been humming this song for the past few days for obvious reasons... thought provoking song. 



Courtney's funeral was yesterday... It was unbearable, and at the same time I felt like I was in an awful movie. Standing with my best girl friends from high school while guys I've known and loved since I was 6 were carrying her casket was unreal.  Just a painful moment... A scene I wish had never played out in front of my eyes. Life just shouldn't be that way.  Each of us girls had a rose to put on the casket before they buried Courtney and letting go of that rose somehow made it all seem so final.  I wish when the funeral was over the hurt and questions stopped as well... unfortunately that's not so.  Now starts the long journey for all of us of processing and coping.  It just makes me hate sin and death and evil in this world... What would I do without the hope and comfort of Jesus?

The bright side of all of this is that I got to see so many friends from so many seasons in my life all in one weekend... I've been so reminded of God's blessings in my life. I have so much to be thankful for. Friends whom I've known and loved since I was 6 and friends I've known for 6 weeks and adore already... Thank you Jesus that our hearts never get too full because I'm pretty sure mine would have overflown by now. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you Becca... I'm so sorry. Praying for you.

Post a Comment