11 January 2011

Today was a day that felt messy- busy but emotional so there was no time to deal with anything.  A day of trying to be genuine in the midst of trying to catch up to life... Despite the mental and emotional frustration,  I experienced this outpouring of hope and determination and intimacy with the Lord that I have not sensed in a while.  Life has been throwing its punches my way, but the Lord reminded me of one of my favorite verses... 
"You need only be still.  The Lord will fight for you." Exodus 14:14 
 And let's just say, Jesus can handle what life was throwing my way.  

How refreshing were those 11 small words... 
Words I've read probably 72 times before...
Nothing eloquent or special about them on their own...
But they were inspired from Heaven thousands of years ago, and God whispered into my heart today...

The renewed hope mixed with a fresh awareness of my brokenness makes for a smile through my tears. That is a welcome change. 

A few years ago, my campus pastor taught on how the Lord wants to put a fighting spirit back into our hearts, how God doesn't want us to ever stop fighting in our struggles.  Jesus did that for me today.  He restored my vision and my strength.  He reminded me that He's not the kind of god to give up on His little girl.  He is fighting for me.  
HE is fighting for ME.  So undeserving.  So unworthy, but He is fighting for me.  
He so deeply cherishes relationship that He fights for to keep our hearts.  
And what girl doesn't enjoy being pursued like that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment