18 January 2011

Do you ever get caught up in the routine of life and even though you enjoy what you do and the people around you and your life in general... but you sometimes question why?  
Why am I pursuing this degree in Counseling? 
Why am I working at Wesley when I could have better paying, less heart entangling jobs?  
Why do I go to church every week and pursue relationship with people there?  
Why do I try so hard to do life well?  

I read a blog of a girl today who was talking about how much campus ministry means to her, how it's shaped her life and brought belonging and acceptance to her.  The tears running down my cheeks answered all those questions for me... 
At times, campus ministry is so much fun that I question the real value in what I do.  
The blog update from that sweet precious girl absolutely reminded me...
Going to Rebounderz with a group of freshmen on MLK Day actually has kingdom purpose. I am helping to provide a place of acceptance in a lonely place.  
 Chatting over a steamy cup of Starbucks effects eternity.  I get to point others to Jesus in their struggles and encourage them to keep fighting for their relationship with Jesus.  
Moving 100 chairs every Tuesday afternoon is not just another chore on my list.  I am making a place for those far from Jesus to encounter Him if they want.  

I get up and pursue these things Jesus has put in front of me because I love Him, and I love people.  I am pursuing the pieces of His calling on my life that I know, and excitedly awaiting the parts yet to be revealed.  

1 comments:

Between You and Me said...

it's a choice, isn't it.
to choose to "know" that all those things on your daily to do list are effecting eternity.

good word today.
i needed it.

Post a Comment