23 January 2011

I have failed at blogging recently... 
I've been in an alternate state of mind since returning to real life after my extremely long, extended to an astronomical length Christmas vacation.
Can't put my finger on why exactly. 
I'm noticing how prone I am to busyness and forgetting to let myself process and feel and soak life in.  
I let myself work and push through even though I hear the gentle, familiar whisperings of the voice of my Savior. I think He's saying, "Slow down. Rest. Let yourself be at peace."
I don't stop to journal or blog or pray because I'm just too overwhelmed in my mind.
My life really is not that busy... why do I feel overwhelmed?
I'm pretty sure I could win some kind of award for successfully carrying unnecessary burdens for unnecessary lengths of time.  Too bad that is not a credential I want to add to the list... 
My intensive class ends on Tuesday, and maybe that'll be a spirit lifter or at least a check on the to-do list (which we all know is totally a spirit lifter).  

0 comments:

Post a Comment