18 July 2010

I tried a new church today, New Spring Church.  They meet in a high school theater, and it seems to be a pretty small congregation.  I loved it though... I hope it becomes a place I can belong. The people were really friendly, and I really enjoyed the worship time.  For some reason, it reminded me of River Point (my home church), and that is a place I miss.  I think they have based their church off a North Point model which could be a great thing or could frustrate me.  I never really know the proper way to go about visiting churches and finding my home, but I'm hoping that Jesus will lead me to the right place at the right time.  For now, I'll just go to the places I feel interested in and hope for the best.   I'm pretty sure I'll be at New Spring again next Sunday. Be praying that I'll have discernment and favor in choosing a place to belong here.  I can't wait to be back in community like I had at UGA Wesley and River Point.



On another note, I went to the beach yesterday afternoon with Brittany and Jamie, two Wesley students, and I LOVE living an hour from the beach.  We woke up late, drove over, laid out, took a walk, ate lunch and headed back all before 4.  It was perfect and relaxing! I am also really thankful for the sweet students here, and I am so excited to keep getting to know them especially girls like Brittany and Jamie. Incredible people! After the beach, we (Brittany, Estefania and I) got ready and headed to Disney where we picked up Brittany's brother, Matt, who was so nice to get us in for FREE! We had a blast getting to be kids for an evening... What a fun weekend it has been! I am feeling almost the opposite of last weekend.  Jesus is so faithful to provide when we ask.  I am learning that everyday here- I am so incapable of doing life well on my own, but Jesus wants to lead and provide for me. I'm learning to let Him do that from the start instead of fighting Him constantly.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so thankful you're in a good place. Love you!

Post a Comment