16 July 2010

I have made a shocking discovery... 


I joined the seemingly insane Running Club at Wesley... prior to Tuesday night I thought these people were crazies to get together basically every evening to run- I mean, who willing joins a group to torture themselves. But I was peer pressured into joining on Tuesday night after Wesley.  And... I LOVED it.   I had so much fun running with this group, and I could run way further than I ever can alone.  Maybe soon I'll write a cheesy post about all the great spiritual parallels between our running club and our walk with Christ, but not tonight.  So far I've only been able to run 1.9 miles straight thru and then another half mile or so after walking for a while.  We do a 3.2 mile route.  So if you hate exercising as much as me or you are just burned out on it... start a running club or just find a friend to cheer you up on your runs.  I have been super surprised at how much more fun I have!


Maybe if I stick with it (which I'm very interested to see if I do), I can justify buying new shoes... that's always fun, right?



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait for the post on that parallel between the running club and our walk with Christ.

You have a lot more... hmm... persistance? will power? motivation? ... than me. I don't run. But I admire you for it!

Love you!

Between You and Me said...

love that you are running...love it!

wanna join me in my triathlon in October?

Becca said...

Thank you Lauren, but all I really have is people who make me do it haha

Tara- If by joining you you mean coming to cheer you on then absolutely!

Post a Comment