27 February 2011

What is it about BBQ and Jesus that goes so well together?  We had Sonny's after church, and it just felt right... Kind of like at every church gathering, BBQ is served. If only it was football season, it would have been a perfect Sunday. 

My toes hurt a bit after the sermon tonight at church.  Our pastor, Isaac, talked about the parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector, and I was convicted on both sides of the spectrum.  The prideful pursuit of self-righteousness and holding others in contempt, and also the side of needing to recognize and live in repentance for my sin. There was definitely an "ah- ha" moment for me.  

This weekend was our Wesley Women's Retreat.  Learned so much.  So much left to process through and implement in daily life.  But I'm learning to be okay with baby steps.  Learning to be okay with not having it all together.

The Lord is really pressing his finger on some areas of my life, and it is PAINFUL and overwhelming and seemingly impossible.  I think it's the nature of mankind to avoid pain if at all possible, but I'm seeing in my life that sometimes pain is the way to depth.  Definitely not a lesson easily acquired.  

I can sum up most of my struggle in this... I can share of part of my life with everyone, but I can share all of my life with no one.  Ultimately, that's my hearts desire- to be able to fully share my life. I'm being driven to more dependence on the Lord in this, and what a beautiful result.  Good thing Jesus is patient.

1 comments:

Between You and Me said...

praying for you in all of it....
trusting God's work in your heart and mind....

praying for a super natural JOY as you give all of your heart to the Lord in your wait for a real life tangible person here on Earth to share it with...

Post a Comment