22 February 2011

We talked a little bit about the Shack tonight in my small group... so I pulled it out and started looking through all the sections I'd underlined.  


I really needed to read this today... it's been one of those days where life has been building and building and building, and eventually, the world just crumbles because I'm only human (try to convince me of that sometime when I'm upset) and I'm a 23 year old, emotional mess.


Thank you Jesus for loving me in the midst of my messiness... no end in sight. Your perspective on my life gives me hope. 


(This is God talking to Mackenzie- the main character in the book.) 
"And let's say that I know it will take you 47 situations and events before you will actually hear me- that is, before you will hear clearly enough to agree with me and change.  So when you don't hear me the first time, I'm not frustrated or disappointed, I'm thrilled.  Only 46 more times to go.  And that first time will be a building block to construct a bridge of healing that one day you will walk across."


Grasping this concept of the expanse of Jesus' love+ a solo vacation... would be so good for my soul.

0 comments:

Post a Comment