12 March 2011


Last night I discovered an interesting fact about myself... I've been on 21 mission trips- 21 mission trips since 6th grade.  Apparently I love doing that... 


I also was reminded that since I was a little girl I've dreamed of living abroad.  I wrote a paper about it in 10th grade that I pull out and read periodically. I'm pretty sure my parents were convinced they'd need a passport to visit me at this point.  Then, I went through a phase where I couldn't imagine being that far away from friends and family, but the Lord is impressing that desire on my heart again- deeply.  My heart feels alive and somehow less restrained outside of the good ol' U.S. of A.  I love the discovery of new places and cultures and people.  I love that I'm reminded that I am not the center of the universe, and how I'm accustomed to doing life is not necessarily the right way.  I love that I live more simply- one suitcase of clothing, no cell phone, ready for the day in 20 minutes.  My heart just rested in peace this week.  I didn't feel the need to always be busy.  I didn't stress to have it all together.  I laughed (ALOT).  I played and danced and just let go.  


I had the privilege of being a "learner" this week... 



We got to help make a mess of a house into a home for a mom who needed a second chance and her 4 beautiful sons. 



We were the recipients some of the sweetest hospitality from Bahamians from the best curry chicken I've ever eaten to beach houses and cases of Goombay punch. 



I was reminded how such simple gestures can bind one heart to another like sharing my water or giving away a granola bar. 


There is no neat resolution to this post, just a smattering of thoughts- trying to make sense of the Lord's whispers and the fires He's lighting in my soul. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment