14 December 2010

Hello cold, flat Kansas City! 
You will probably never be my favorite city, but I love that IHOP (International House of Prayer) lives here.
Tonight, we spent a couple hours in the prayer room there.  It was sweet time for so many reasons. 
1. How often do I get to set aside two whole hours to just sit in Jesus' presence and just rest and listen and pray?  Basically never... so that was great!
2. Jesus was incredibly gracious (as always) to capture my wandering thoughts, to gently whisper to me.
3. In the sweet whispers, He spoke perfectly into the fears and pleadings of my heart.  Not one word out of place, not one word wasted...


This time reminded me of how thirsty my soul was, how empty my heart was from running on stolen moments with the Lord rather than sustained intimate worship. My schedule will be seeing some shuffling soon... Time to rearrange the priorities.  

We had some sweet community building time with our staff which is so refreshing... Thus far our trek to Kansas City is living up to its name- Refresh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment