06 October 2010

Wesley had Fall Retreat this weekend, and our speaker was fabulous.  He had a really different style of teaching- much more communal and based around small groups.  He reminded me of how much I love words.  I have always cared way more about the lyrics in a song than the music.  I love how writers and musicians have a way of stringing words together to bring life and joy into our lives.  Knowing this, I LOVE spoken word.  Sometimes I feel like it's a really decadent treat that I forget how much I love until it's set before me.  Amena Brown is a really fabulous poet, and I include a clip of her doing one of my favorites. You should check her out! I love that the Lord allows us to worship in such different ways.  I totally encounter the Lord in the words that she speaks. 


P.S. Fall Retreat was an incredible time for our Freshley group! I'm pretty sure we all fell in love with each other... We also dominated at the group games. Check Facebook for pictures- the blog isn't letting me upload them tonight!


0 comments:

Post a Comment