11 September 2010

My beloved Georgia Bulldogs lost today.  I was frustrated and disappointed until I began watching MSNBC's special about the terror attacks on September 11th.


I don't know a single person who doesn't remember where they were on that day... 
I was sitting in an 8th grade math classroom...
The confusion swirling around the nation was unsettling...
I remember being picked up from school and asking a million questions trying to understand in my 13 year old mind... 
I remember the fear when my mom couldn't explain away my anxiety...


After a little perspective and a prayer asked in forgiveness and gratitude, I'm spending my evening remembering the troops who are sacrificing their lives and time to protect me.  I'm remembering the families who've lost loved ones, and ones who are missing fathers, husbands, sons, daughters, mothers, and wives because of their service to America. I'm thankful that despite my limited sight God is absolutely in control.    


Can't seem to find a lot of emotion for the Dawgs' loss after that. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment