18 January 2012

I finally finished a project that I had been wanting to do FOREVER!

I definitely stole the idea from a family I babysat for in college.  They had a fabulous conglomeration of post cards from all over the world from dear friends of theirs, and I loved it. 

I spent the last couple of years forcing my friends to send me post cards when they travel- most of them forget, but some don't and now they will be remembered forever.


Sorry the picture is so awful... I took it with my phone in low light :( But you get the gist... This I see being around my home, wherever it might be, for a really long time.  I have lots of room left to fill it up!

It felt good to finish something I'd been thinking about for years and to create something that means so much to me.  This break from classes has been so refreshing.  I've read 5 of the Harry Potter books.  I've cooked and reorganized.  I've taken a nap! The freedom when I leave work to just go home and do whatever my heart desires has been so wonderful... I will miss this come February, but I am so thankful for it today.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment